Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Psalm 48:14

"For this God is our God for ever and ever; he will be our guide even to the end."


We had our second conference call Saturday, though it felt like our first again because we had a whole new country to talk about and also an itinerary to discuss. I'm such a fan of itineraries because I love planning things/ having a plan (which helps me to feel in control), this is so bad! I'm not in control of my life and that is something that God has been teaching me over the past three years. We have already learned to stay really open to changes and to remain flexible but it is still good to be able to anticipate some of the things that I may be doing in Africa.  Some of these things may include working with Amazima ministries, Canaan's Children's Home, Sixty Feet (a children's prison), Return ministries, Project 61, travel down the Nile river, Beza International, and America World Adoption Transitional Home. Wow! These are some incredible opportunities and ministries where I pray that I can be the hands and feet of Jesus. I just cannot wait!

Another change besides going to Ethiopia rather than Uganda is that I will be flying out of Charleston on the 13th rather than the 14th.  This is no big deal. I will spend the night in D.C. with most of my team members, which will give us the opportunity to get to know each other. 

Something else that I am looking forward to/ anticipating a lot of learning and growing from is the remainder of our conference calls.  We have also been encouraged to fast and pray before, during, and after our calls.  This should really help the Lord speak to us and prepare us for this trip and for His work.   I am so excited for this time that I should be able to grow closer to the Lord and spend more time in prayer and in His Word. 


I just received an email that is just another way to see exactly how much God is in charge of this trip and how good He is! There is expected to be a strike with the aviation systems in Ghana (where we were supposed to go until not too long ago). What a blessing! God totally had this planned for us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment