Monday, June 13, 2011

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord...


Well Autumn, my trip leader, told us early on that we would need to remain flexible with this trip... I'm always flexible so that's not a problem with me. While they were arranging our travel plans from Uganda to Ghana, they realized that we would be waisting so much time traveling that we wouldn't have much time to spend in Ghana and really do God's work and build relationships. Option one was to keep the trip Uganda and Ghana, option two would be Uganda only, and option three was Uganda and Ethiopia (which we will be flying in and out of anyways). After the group speaking with God and then all "voting" on it, God is sending us to ETHIOPIA!!! 


I was thinking about this driving home the other night and thought, surely God laughed every time we told someone we were going to Ghana or talked about Ghana. He already knew we would be going to Ethiopia! Wow! The Creator of this whole universe knows what each and every one of us are going to do before we even do it. Just think about that... it brings a smile straight to my face. 


I know absolutely nothing about Ethiopia but I don't even care! I watched the movie Mama Heidi, which I highly recommend to anyone and everyone, and she repeated one thing which has resonated in my mind constantly since watching that movie, "love the one in front of you"... (I really, really encourage you to Google or check out some YouTube videos on Heidi Baker. The movie, Mama Heidi, is also available on Netflix.) God blessed me with the gift of loving children and I cannot wait to show that to them and just love those sweet, sweet children!


"love the one in front of you"

No comments:

Post a Comment