Monday, June 13, 2011

fyi.

In 2008, during my freshman year at the University of South Carolina, so many wonderful things happened. I joined a sorority, met some of my best friends, and came to know Christ more than I ever had before. Through the encouragement and prayers of my sisters, I now live my life serving my Savior who paid the ultimate price for my life. This past January, I began my senior year of college and felt that I should take advantage of any opportunities that came along while I am still able. I had been praying for God to show me what He wanted me to do with my summer and came across a friend’s pictures who just returned from Uganda with Visiting Orphans. Being an early childhood education major, I have always had a passion for children so I knew right away this is what I was called to do. Not long after praying and seeking the Word, a Christian musician, Lecrae, and his song Send Me weighed heavy on my heart and a great friend directed me to Isaiah 6:8, “Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, ‘Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?’ And I said, ‘Here am I. Send me!’”

This summer I have an amazing opportunity to visit orphanages in Ghana and Uganda, Africa. This fourteen-day mission-trip is being organized by a Christian non-profit ministry called Visiting Orphans. Visiting Orphans organizes trips for Christian groups to visit orphanages all over the world. Their mission is “to awaken the body of Christ to be the hands and feet of Jesus to the 163 million orphans by visiting them, loving them, and sharing the Father’s heart.” You can learn more about them at: www.VisitingOrphans.org .

It would be greatly appreciated if partner with me and many others in prayer that our team will have unity and that our travels will be safe and we will remain healthy. Pray also that God will teach me more about Himself and especially pray that we will be able to communicate God’s love to the children we meet.

While God has put it on so many people's hearts to graciously provide for my trip cost, we are still collecting money to directly meet the needs of the orphanages and orphans. Please email me at machinnis@gmail.com if you feel that God has called you to support this mission in any way. Please stay tuned to this blog for updates prior to and upon my return from Africa. 

Blessings,
Meredith

No comments:

Post a Comment