Monday, June 13, 2011

beginning.

The first conference call with my group was June 1st. Just hearing more about our trip from an actual voice, rather than reading about, gets me excited. Every time I hear from Amy (currently in Ghana) I just can't wait to be there! It also helps that she is there, and has been before, because I feel like I can go straight to her with any questions. What a sweet, sweet blessing she is to me! 

On another note, the Lord has called so many people to generously and graciously support me financially as well as prayerfully and in so many other ways. I know that was a lot of adjectives in one sentence but seriously! What a beautiful example of God's grace. Let me explain: so many people who have donated their time, money, prayers, etc. hardly even know me. I have done nothing to deserve their support. I did nothing to deserve Jesus but it was "by GRACE" that I was saved. How beautiful! Praise Him for that! While I have raised all of the financial support that I personally need, there are many things that my team is hoping to provide for the orphanages and orphans. Again, if you feel that God has called you to support these children please contact me at machinnis@gmail.com and I would be happy to share with you some of their needs and provide a way to donate.

"And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus. To our God and Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen."
-Philippians 4:19-20

No comments:

Post a Comment