Wednesday, July 6, 2011

1 week!

Ah!  This time next week I will be on a plane! I am getting so excited and just can't wait to start packing! My mom and I went through all of the 80 dresses that we have collected for the little girls! Tears fill my eyes thinking about how excited I am to bless these little girls with the cutest dresses. When I say cute, I can't even do them justice. I literally want to keep all of them for my future children (haha).  I just can't wait to see how these precious children make the dresses even more beautiful. My grandmother, her Sunday school class, and her friends all made these dresses. Wow!


On Saturday, we will have a precious doll for each dress graciously donated by Virginia Watson. I need to tell you about her! My grandmother was walking through the Flowertown Festival (Azalea festival, AKA local, annual festival in Summerville) when she came across a local vendor selling handmade Gullah dolls. One of the dolls was made out of a similar fabric that one of the dresses my grandmother made was and my grandmother mentioned something to my great grandmother about it.  Virginia overheard them and asked her about it. This got them talking about my trip to Africa and Virginia wanted to send her love to Africa as well.  I am so excited to see these sweet children when they get their new stuff! I can't wait to show y'all pictures! 


On Monday I will be interviewed by the local news paper and I hope nothing more than to give all the glory to God! 


"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." -1 Corinthians 10:31

No comments:

Post a Comment