Saturday, November 10, 2012

Well, to all of the people who actually try to read this I sincerely apologize! This is probably the first weekend since this summer that I have been able to do what I want to do, clean my room, spend time with the Lord, bake, visit my great grandmother, and dance like a fool around my room. It's pretty awesome...wow, this is what free time feels like.

With that being said, this year the Lord has really been teaching me to be thankful for everything! A lot of which I can think back to my experiences in Africa. I wake up praising Him for my warm bed, my hot shower, and everything in between. Standing under the hot water my breath was taken away just thinking of those freezing cold showers I took and that they take daily. I just love having such a thankful heart! I have to look at my crazy life and job through Scripture. Luke 12:48 says, "From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded." Thank you Lord for entrusting me with so much!  

So lets travel back to July the 11th. We had just gotten to Uganda, and although we were not going to Jinja yet, I have never felt so many emotions that were not of myself. (Not to mention my luggage was currently lost and we all had only had a few hours of sleep.) I have been so excited to share this with you since the moment I experienced and wrote this. This is why I go. This is how I knew that my love for Africa was from the Lord. We were driving through Kampala, Uganda and this is what I felt:

"I just can't stop crying and thanking You and praising you God! 
I love the trash piles, the incredibly bumpy roads. 
I love being called Mzungu and the exhaust doesn't bother me anymore. 
I love how the traffic is compared to a parking lot and the huge holes in the roads. 
I love the way peoples goods are for sale on the side of the road and the beautiful handcrafted furniture.
I love that people ride on the tops of the loads of trucks and it is so dangerous, yet not to them.
Driving on the wrong side of the road intrigues me.
The Boda Bodas crack me up.
Eyebrow acknowledgements are humorous and I love how everything has an appropriate response of, 'It's okay' or 'It's no problem.'
Broken English has a way to my heart.
These are still the strongest women in the world!
I love how the weather is incredible and they are all bundled up.
I love the fruit.
The need for car washes even though it will inevitably be dirty in another five minutes.
Sheet metal is good for anything!
They are fabulous dancers. It's in their bones.
They love each other.
They sweep the dirt...? 
I love these people.
I love Uganda!"

That's all I've got for now  :)  Nkwagala nyo.

No comments:

Post a Comment