Monday, July 2, 2012

Here we go again.

I am just so excited.  For some reason it is hard for me to really show it this time around but really, deep down inside I cannot wait to get back to that orange dirt and those sweet brown faces!

It has been sooo long since I have written. I was struggling with separating my time with the Lord and writing for an audience so I cut out the audience part. I have also been EXTREMELY busy as a new teacher and just being a fun twenty-one year old with a much needed summer break! It has been one fantastic break at that!

Well to update everyone, I will be spending a week in Rwanda and a week in Uganda. I was kind of disappointed that I will only get to spend just over two days at Canaan, where I left my heart last year, but I know that it is just all part of a perfect plan. That being said, we will be going to new ministries almost every day and it will be great to share the love. :)  I will be flying out of Charleston tomorrow (Tuesday) at 7pm and arrive in DC. I will spend the night with my team in DC and head to Africa on July 4th just before noon. (Trust me, I will be thinking patriotic thoughts the whole flight.) I am totally praying, and ask that you do the same, that I am able to sleep on the flight there and back. I am awful at sleeping on flights and those are some LONGGGGG flights to stay awake for...boo.

I will do my best to post here when we have internet to let people know when I safely arrive and hopefully some highlights.

We will appreciate every prayer sent to our wonderful God while we are away, specifically:
-Safety and health!!!!!
-Unity
-That our luggage and donations make it untouched
-That in all that we do, we are bringing glory to Jesus' name
-That we offer ourselves and the gifts that the Lord has blessed us with to serve as Jesus did!

Y'all, I really am so pumped about this trip and am already wondering where I will be sent next!

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. It really means a lot knowing that we serve a perfect and good God that WILL listen!

Joshua 1:9 says, "...Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."

Love y'all!

1 comment:

  1. I am stoked for you! OK, jealous too. What amazing adventures await. You probably know, but July 4th is also Rwanda's Liberation Day. It means as much (more?) to them than our independence from England does to us. It was the day that then freedom fighter, now President Paul Kagame of the RPF made it to Kigali and effectively ended the madness of the genocide.

    I know you will keep a writer's notebook while you are in Africa. I can't wait to see what you blog.

    God Speed!

    ReplyDelete