Monday, September 5, 2011

Yes I am alive.

And yes I am super, super busy. I am student teaching at a school 30 minutes away and student teaching is basically like being a teacher's aide with no pay.  Now don't get me wrong, it is incredible and I am at an amazing school but I just wanted to paint a picture for you of just how busy I am.  On top of that, I am trying to maintain somewhat of a social life.

On a super excited note, I am officially signed up to return to Africa on another Visiting Orphans trip!!! My heart is literally racing at how excited I am.  It is another two week trip from December 27-January 8 spending one week in Kenya and another week in Uganda.  I am praying that God will use my return to Canaan to show me very clearly His plan for me.  I literally have no clue what it is and there are so many options right now.  I strive to be in line with His will for my life no matter what that is.  Some more extremely exciting news is that I get to go with a very, very sweet friend of mine from USC, Abby.  You can check out her blog at http://www.abbyhilderbran.blogspot.com.

That being said, I will be raising support again but am trying to get super creative this time so that I don't sound like a broken record asking for money.  In the mean time, if you feel God is calling you to support my trip you can contact me at machinnis@gmail.com and I can give you instructions for donating online or mailing a check.

Another sweet friend of mine, Becca, who I found out about Visiting Orphans from and her pictures inspired me to go on my first trip, is living at the orphanage I LOVE for a few months.  You can read more about that at http://withwingedfeet.blogspot.com. She is so inspiring!

I have started studying Jeremiah and I just love this:

The word of the Lord came to me, saying, "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations." "Ah, Sovereign Lord," I said, "I do not know how to speak; I am only a child." But the Lord said to me, "Do not say, 'I am only a child.' You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you." declares the Lord.
-Jeremiah 1:6-8

No comments:

Post a Comment